Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Find coordinate for certain conditions (heat transfer)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm working on heat transfer induced by laser. I used axial symmetric boundary condition for the center, and would like to plot Z coordinate at the center (R=0) along with time when the temperature at the point is 300K. That is, the final plot will be Z coordinate versus time which has the temperature of 300K.
In addition, I want to plot R coordinate at the top surface (Z=1.46mm) along with time when the temperature at the point is 300K. That is, the final plot will be R coordinate versus time which has the temperature of 300K.
If you have any idea to solve my problem, please let me know.

Thank you for your time,

JinGyu Ock.

2 Replies Last Post Aug 7, 2015, 12:01 p.m. EDT

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 7, 2015, 5:00 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I am not sure about 2D taxi, but if you have 3D and you want to see in special direction, you should select in the result section-> cut plane and then select you preference plane. and then plot it with the surface type plot.

Hope you get your answer.
Sepideh
Hi, I am not sure about 2D taxi, but if you have 3D and you want to see in special direction, you should select in the result section-> cut plane and then select you preference plane. and then plot it with the surface type plot. Hope you get your answer. Sepideh

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 7, 2015, 12:01 p.m. EDT
Hello Sepideh,

Thank you for your reply. I used 2D axisymmetric dimension. I tried to use cut plan to display the temperature change along the time. However, it could not gave me the information I need. I would like to get R coordinate (at Z=0) which is temperature=300K at every time step, and then I would like to draw a graph that R coordinate versus time.

Best,

JinGyu Ock.
Hello Sepideh, Thank you for your reply. I used 2D axisymmetric dimension. I tried to use cut plan to display the temperature change along the time. However, it could not gave me the information I need. I would like to get R coordinate (at Z=0) which is temperature=300K at every time step, and then I would like to draw a graph that R coordinate versus time. Best, JinGyu Ock.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.