Simulating Heat Exchangers with COMSOL Multiphysics® - Archived
Heat exchangers are used to transfer thermal energy, usually between two fluids. Several types and sizes of heat exchangers are available, which can be used in applications ranging from refrigeration and air conditioning systems to power plants and heating systems.
Join us for this live webinar to see how to simulate fluid flow and heat transfer in heat exchangers using COMSOL Multiphysics®. This webinar includes a live demonstration and will conclude with a Q&A session.
We will discuss:
- How to design different types of heat exchangers, including shell-and-tube, plate, crossflow, and dynamic wall heat exchangers
- How to evaluate and improve parameters, such as overall heat transfer coefficients, pressure losses, total power exchange, and compactness
- How to model temperature and velocity gradients within a heat exchanger
- How to account for turbulent flow
- How to optimize the size and position of the tubes in a shell-and-tube heat exchanger
- How to model micro heat exchangers with crossflow configuration, used in biotechnology and microreactors
- How to compare the performance of heat exchangers as a function of parameters, including geometrical properties and flow configurations
Register for Simulating Heat Exchangers with COMSOL Multiphysics®
Archived Webinar Details
This is a recording of a webinar that originally aired on October 7, 2021