Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply an acceleration at a specific location within a surface?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to apply a acceleration at a specific location on a uniform rectangular tube which needs a uniform swept mesh with a defined number of elements along its length. The acceleration is not appplied to a whole surafce, but just a part of it, or on some of the nodes within the mesh for the chosen surface. How can this be done? I would appreciate anyone's help in giving me details on how to apply this acceleration. I am using Comsol 4.0a Acoustics Module to solve this problem.

I do not want Free Tetrahedral mesh since I want to compare result from Comsol with that from Matlab, I want to make sure two models have same elements and same element distribution.

Many thanks

Guangjian Ni

2 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2010, 5:30 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 16, 2010, 5:00 a.m. EDT
Hi

I normally defie a sub-surface (I cut the full one) and define my BC there. But often one can use bolean operations (of the type

ax*(x_low<x)*(x<x_high)

too to delimit an area (provided the equations remain easily manageable and to verify)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I normally defie a sub-surface (I cut the full one) and define my BC there. But often one can use bolean operations (of the type ax*(x_low

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 18, 2010, 5:30 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

I have meshed model as your suggestion and it works. Thank you for your kind help.

Regards

Ni
Hi Ivar, I have meshed model as your suggestion and it works. Thank you for your kind help. Regards Ni

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.