Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Complex domain functions in COMSOL 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have a parameter in my global definitions expressed using asin function that is implemented in COMSOL. Unfortunately I need to extend the output to complex domain and the implemented asin function does only work in real domain. It worked in complex domain in COMSOL 3.5a:( I tried to define my own analytic function, because asin(x)=-i*log(i*x+sqrt(1+x^2)). Using 'may produce complex arguments' option I successfully plotted real and imaginary part of it. The thing is that the new analytic function does not seem to work in parameters section.

So I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to activate complex domains for COMSOL implemented functions?
2. Is there any way of using your own defined functions in parameter section of Global definitions?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Martin Ploschner

0 Replies Last Post Nov 10, 2010, 8:17 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Martin Ploschner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.