Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrusion coupling in 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

Until 3.5a, I used to define boundary extrusion coupling by defining expression in source and output variable (say E1) in destination domains and then specifying boundaries and vertices for both source and destination. With that done, I could access E1 anywhere in the destination domain comfortably.

Now I want to do the same in 4.0a. I see a possibility of defining linear extrusion where I have to specify the source boundary(ies) and vertices for both source and destination. But that is all. It does not ask me for the expression in source or the name of output variable in destination (ok it might be linext1). And no destination boundaries either, just vertices in destination. Does that do the same job?

To set my goal, I just want to access the electric field variable in source (say Ex) in destination boundary under variable (E1). So it should be E1 (destination) = Ex (source). How is it possible? Should I access it as linext1.Ex?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Nov 26, 2010, 6:08 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 26, 2010, 6:08 a.m. EST
Ok people, I have figured out :) It should be used as E1(Ex). The good thing in 4.0a is that all the variables in source seem to be accessible at destination now
Ok people, I have figured out :) It should be used as E1(Ex). The good thing in 4.0a is that all the variables in source seem to be accessible at destination now

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.