Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

loudspeaker_driver example error?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, folks,

I tried the loudspeaker_driver example, I right click on the study1->compute...it began to calculate and then give me an error:

Attempt to evaluate negative power of zero.
- Function: ^
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
- Variable: mod1.mf.murzz@VDN${if@7}
- Defined as: ((((mod1.mf.Bz*2)*(((((mod1.mf.Bphi^2)+(mod1.mf.Br^2))+(mod1.mf.Bz^2))^(-0.5))*0.5))*(1/unit_T_cf))*dmod1.mat2.def.MUR_dx1((sqrt((((mod1.mf.Bphi^2)+(mod1.mf.Br^2))+(mod1.mf.Bz^2)))/unit_T_cf)))
- Variable: mod1.mf.murinvzz@VDN${if@7}
- Defined as: (((-1)/(mod1.mf.murzz^2))*(((((mod1.mf.Bz*2)*(((((mod1.mf.Bphi^2)+(mod1.mf.Br^2))+(mod1.mf.Bz^2))^(-0.5))*0.5))*(1/unit_T_cf))*dmod1.mat2.def.MUR_dx1((sqrt((((mod1.mf.Bphi^2)+(mod1.mf.Br^2))+(mod1.mf.Bz^2)))/unit_T_cf)))))
- Variable: mod1.mf.Hz@VDN${if@7}
- Defined as: ((1/mu0_const)*((mod1.mf.Bz*((((-1)/(mod1.mf.murzz^2))*(((((mod1.mf.Bz*2)*(((((mod1.mf.Bphi^2)+(mod1.mf.Br^2))+(mod1.mf.Bz^2))^(-0.5))*0.5))*(1/unit_T_cf))*dmod1.mat2.def.MUR_dx1((sqrt((((mod1.mf.Bphi^2)+(mod1.mf.Br^2))+(mod1.mf.Bz^2)))/unit_T_cf)))))))+mod1.mf.murinvzz))
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d(d((2*(mod1.mf.Hr*test(mod1.Aphiz)-mod1.mf.Hz*(test(mod1.Aphir)+if(abs(r)<0.0010*h,d(test(mod1.Aphi),r),test(mod1.Aphi)/r))+mod1.mf.Jphi*test(mod1.Aphi))*pi*r)*(dvol_spatial),{if@3}),{if@7})

I tried on win32 and win64, same error message.
Does any senior guy understand this information and has a suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

(my comsol ver is 4.1, I added the tag, but seems lost)

2 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2010, 7:42 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2010, 7:11 a.m. EST
Hi
What version of Comsol are you using?
the error has something to do with the relative permability (thats called mf.murzz. the syntax is mf = magnetic field, mur = mu relative. zz is something to do with the direction.
so check that the relative permability is specified for all domains.
also the mf module needs a initial field to start... else this can give some divide by zero errors...
check under initial field and make it a function of z or r - or similar... then the derived is also non-zero

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Kim Folmer Andersen
Hi What version of Comsol are you using? the error has something to do with the relative permability (thats called mf.murzz. the syntax is mf = magnetic field, mur = mu relative. zz is something to do with the direction. so check that the relative permability is specified for all domains. also the mf module needs a initial field to start... else this can give some divide by zero errors... check under initial field and make it a function of z or r - or similar... then the derived is also non-zero Hope this helps. Best regards Kim Folmer Andersen

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2010, 7:42 a.m. EST
Oh, thank you Kim,
the example has defined the permanent magnet with B=mu_0*mu_r*H+Br and other place with B=mu_0*mu_r*H, I don't understand where is the problem and meanwhile it is an example in the document. :-(
Oh, thank you Kim, the example has defined the permanent magnet with B=mu_0*mu_r*H+Br and other place with B=mu_0*mu_r*H, I don't understand where is the problem and meanwhile it is an example in the document. :-(

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.