Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

q-space using Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

We try since one week to perform Fourier's transform of a spatial-function along the direction "z" only.
We mean, we have a function f(x,y,z) first performed by COMSOL (it is the solution of a PDE...) depending on the spatial variables x, y, z. We would like to obtain Fourier's transform of this function only along the z-direction [i.e. f(x,y,z)-------TF------> f(x,y,q) = \int_{-infinity}^{+infinity} f(x,y,z)*exp(q*z) dz ].

- COMSOL can perform this calculation ? I think that I have to draw a new axis "z" (to perform this integration) but really I do not know how draw this axis from - infinity to + infinity !!
- Have you some solutions to perform this calculation ? Unfortunately this problem is not treated in COMSOL's book.

Thank you for your help !

Maria and Nils

P.S. This discussion has been already posted by Nils two days ago but no answer has been given...
Thus, I restarted the discussion now hoping an answer this time...

0 Replies Last Post Nov 30, 2010, 1:19 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maria Shella

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.