Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change the username and password in the client server

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working with the Livelink Comsol with Matlab. For some reason, I would like to change the username and password for the client server. Do anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!

Shujun

4 Replies Last Post Jul 16, 2016, 10:48 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 12, 2016, 3:02 a.m. EDT
Hi

Use:
comsolmphserver.exe -login force

Command line options for Comsol programs are explained in the Comsol Reference Manual in the chapter on Running Comsol Multiphysics.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Use: comsolmphserver.exe -login force Command line options for Comsol programs are explained in the Comsol Reference Manual in the chapter on Running Comsol Multiphysics. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 12, 2016, 4:50 a.m. EDT
Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply.

In the Reference Manual, it says that the windows syntax for the comsol server command is:
comsolserver [<options>] [<target arguments>]; and the comsol server option to specify the login name is -user<user>. Does that means I can type : "comsolserver [<user>] [<user name>]" on the comsol client server window to change (or add?) a new user name?

I tried this but nothing happen... How can I know whether I succeed in changing the user name or adding a new one?

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Shujun
Hi Lars, Thanks for the reply. In the Reference Manual, it says that the windows syntax for the comsol server command is: comsolserver [] []; and the comsol server option to specify the login name is -user. Does that means I can type : "comsolserver [] []" on the comsol client server window to change (or add?) a new user name? I tried this but nothing happen... How can I know whether I succeed in changing the user name or adding a new one? Thanks and looking forward to your reply. Shujun

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 14, 2016, 3:17 a.m. EDT

In the Reference Manual, it says that the windows syntax for the comsol server command is:
comsolserver [<options>] [<target arguments>]; and the comsol server option to specify the login name is -user<user>. Does that means I can type : "comsolserver [<user>] [<user name>]" on the comsol client server window to change (or add?) a new user name?

comsolserver isn't the same as comsolmphserver.

To add a little history: Comsol Server is described here:
www.comsol.com/comsol-server
It is a new product introduced with Comsol 5.0. When this Comsol Server was released the server which we use for LiveLink for Matlab (and other client-server setups) was renamed to Comsol Multiphysics Server. The application name for this server is comsolmphserver.exe (comsol mphserver on Linux and Mac).

If everything else fails you can reset your password by deleting this file
c:\Users\<username>\.comsol\v52\login.properties
where <username> is your username on the computer.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
[QUOTE] In the Reference Manual, it says that the windows syntax for the comsol server command is: comsolserver [] []; and the comsol server option to specify the login name is -user. Does that means I can type : "comsolserver [] []" on the comsol client server window to change (or add?) a new user name? [/QUOTE] comsolserver isn't the same as comsolmphserver. To add a little history: Comsol Server is described here: https://www.comsol.com/comsol-server It is a new product introduced with Comsol 5.0. When this Comsol Server was released the server which we use for LiveLink for Matlab (and other client-server setups) was renamed to Comsol Multiphysics Server. The application name for this server is comsolmphserver.exe (comsol mphserver on Linux and Mac). If everything else fails you can reset your password by deleting this file c:\Users\\.comsol\v52\login.properties where is your username on the computer. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 16, 2016, 10:48 a.m. EDT
Thanks Lars! I will try your suggestion soon.
Thanks Lars! I will try your suggestion soon.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.