Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The Meaning of "Voltage" in AC/DC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am currently working on a COMSOL microwave cavity model with a coaxial port and external circuit. The voltage source has a default voltage setting of 1(V). In the context of AC power this is an ambiguous term, i.e., does this mean

a) 1 V peak-to-peak
b) 1 V zero-to-peak
c) 1 V RMS
d) Or something else?

Thanks,

Stephan

3 Replies Last Post Jul 14, 2016, 5:36 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 14, 2016, 4:20 p.m. EDT
Hello Stephan,
It's b. "All values are peak values rather than RMS.", per AC/DC Module User's Guide, version 5.2a, page 274.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Stephan, It's b. "All values are peak values rather than RMS.", per AC/DC Module User's Guide, version 5.2a, page 274. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 14, 2016, 5:13 p.m. EDT
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the answer.

And where can I get a copy of "AC/DC Module User's Guide, version 5.2a, page 274" ?

Stephan

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the answer. And where can I get a copy of "AC/DC Module User's Guide, version 5.2a, page 274" ? Stephan

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 14, 2016, 5:36 p.m. EDT
All manuals are accessed through the File > Help > Documentation menu.
Best,
Jeff
All manuals are accessed through the File > Help > Documentation menu. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.