Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to drow an open box with a specific thickness?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am not sure if my question is easy or not. How to draw a box as geometry (open at the top)? with a thickness of 1 cm. I have tried to do it by drawing the walls in each side, but I think this will increase the number of the edges (I have attached a pic).

Something else, how can I export the data (temperature) in a specific layer of a geometry (middle). I have attached a pic.

Version 3.5a.

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Dec 10, 2010, 11:17 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 9, 2010, 2:12 a.m. EST
Hi

there is harly any loss having internal boundaries in COMSOL so your way is OK, you can alo draw two boxes , one inside the other and then "substract" the inner from the outer and you will have a hollow "box", if you place both with a common surface you will have an open box

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is harly any loss having internal boundaries in COMSOL so your way is OK, you can alo draw two boxes , one inside the other and then "substract" the inner from the outer and you will have a hollow "box", if you place both with a common surface you will have an open box -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 10, 2010, 11:17 p.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

Thanks a lot. Your replay helped me a lot.
Hi Ivar, Thanks a lot. Your replay helped me a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.