Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

interface between a few partial simulation models witn non-COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hey people, I used to develop fluid flow models and heat transfer models with COMSOL. My question is: I have a few existing partial simulation models which are developed with non-COMSOL software, do you think that I can develope an interface (with COMSOL) to integrate all these partial simulation models, as one, and then develope more simulations on it? I am a rookie in COMSOL.

many thanks in advance for any inputs! best regards from Germany

1 Reply Last Post Dec 22, 2010, 8:29 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 8:29 a.m. EST
Hello

My experience with import and exchange of FEm files is rather decieving, there i no standards really, and furthermore, COMSOl has a rather new and more logical way to apply FEm on entities than older FEm tools, therefore I believe its quicker to rewrite / rebuild models and get them into the correct COMSOL methodology from scratch (even if probably this is a major task for you, you would probably need some "cheap" students to do the job ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hello My experience with import and exchange of FEm files is rather decieving, there i no standards really, and furthermore, COMSOl has a rather new and more logical way to apply FEm on entities than older FEm tools, therefore I believe its quicker to rewrite / rebuild models and get them into the correct COMSOL methodology from scratch (even if probably this is a major task for you, you would probably need some "cheap" students to do the job ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.