Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Not able to do time-dependent simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm a new user of Comsol 3.5. I try to do a time dependent simulation in the Comsol Multiphysics -> Convection and Conduction. I try to change the temperature as function of time. I select "Boundary Settings" and select "Temperature" and set the value to T0 to 0.1*t. The value t is not recognised. When I change the "Solver Parameters" to "Time Dependent" and "Transient", the parameter t is still not recognised in the "Boundary Settings" menu. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, does anybody have an idea?

Kind regards,
Frank.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 22, 2010, 8:56 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2010, 8:56 a.m. EST
Hi

are you sure its not that your value is rather low, T is by default in [K] and 0.1[K] is not that common,
Furthermore, you should use units to better visualise the values you are using, in your case its

T = 0.1[K/s]*t as by default t has units [s] and as you state t is defined by COMSOL only when you are in transient

in V4 we have t=0 for non transient cases, but I'm no longer sure if this is/was the case for 3.5a

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure its not that your value is rather low, T is by default in [K] and 0.1[K] is not that common, Furthermore, you should use units to better visualise the values you are using, in your case its T = 0.1[K/s]*t as by default t has units [s] and as you state t is defined by COMSOL only when you are in transient in V4 we have t=0 for non transient cases, but I'm no longer sure if this is/was the case for 3.5a -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.