Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

surface- to –surface radiation with Conjugate Heat Transfer Turbulent or Non-Isothermal Flow Turbulent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody

I need help please

I noticed that when I want to active surface- to –surface radiation with Conjugate Heat Transfer Turbulent or Non-Isothermal Flow Turbulent, it doesn’t work.

The question is; can I add physics (surface-to-surface physics) with Conjugate Heat Transfer or Non-Isothermal Flow? it will work?

I am using comsol 4.0a heat transfer module.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 27, 2010, 3:43 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 27, 2010, 3:43 a.m. EST
Hi

I'm not sure how it is in 4.0 (I can only recommend to use the latest version 4.1 + patch) but normally you can add several physics, alo within HT.

The difficulty is then to manage the dependent variables (as there are many and several are the same, others not really), then you need to link them to have a good continuity at the right places w.r.t all T, u,v,w, ... this is easy to get wrong, but fully possible with some car

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure how it is in 4.0 (I can only recommend to use the latest version 4.1 + patch) but normally you can add several physics, alo within HT. The difficulty is then to manage the dependent variables (as there are many and several are the same, others not really), then you need to link them to have a good continuity at the right places w.r.t all T, u,v,w, ... this is easy to get wrong, but fully possible with some car -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.