Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field - ASCII

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I used COMSOL 3.5a to find the electric field induced near a volumic charge distribution. The field is noted E(x,y,z).
Now, I would like exported the ASCII-text file associated to this electric filed only to post-process my data with matlab.

What is the best way to make this ASCII-file ? I would like that this file be in the form of four columns (X, Y, Z, E)...

Thank you for your help

Craig Dellin
BELL-San Francisco City

4 Replies Last Post Jan 1, 2011, 4:56 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 31, 2010, 12:13 p.m. EST
Have you an idea to my previous post ?

Craig
Have you an idea to my previous post ? Craig

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 31, 2010, 12:20 p.m. EST
Hi
Why a txt file, from matlab you can use the posteval() or postinter() (v3.5a) to extract the data directly, no

Check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Why a txt file, from matlab you can use the posteval() or postinter() (v3.5a) to extract the data directly, no Check the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 31, 2010, 12:39 p.m. EST
Thank you for your answer,

Ok Ivar but 'posteval' allowed me only to extract the differents values of my field (just an electrostatic potential at differents points in my domain)...More I would like extract the spatial-coordinates where the values of this field are calculated.

Best

Craig

Thank you for your answer, Ok Ivar but 'posteval' allowed me only to extract the differents values of my field (just an electrostatic potential at differents points in my domain)...More I would like extract the spatial-coordinates where the values of this field are calculated. Best Craig

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 1, 2011, 4:56 a.m. EST
Hi

Check the Forum, that question has came up several times (cannot remember the reply ;) check also the KB there are a lot of tricks ther too.

Then you have the postinterp() where you define the grid points and the response is interpolated onto your grid

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Check the Forum, that question has came up several times (cannot remember the reply ;) check also the KB there are a lot of tricks ther too. Then you have the postinterp() where you define the grid points and the response is interpolated onto your grid -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.