Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

dielectrophoresis force calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am using electrostatic package from COMSOL Multiphysics. I am exposing a dielectric particle inside a
non-uniform electric field. I am taking dielectric particle inside a circular annulus. I have successfully simulate the electric field, potential, charge distribution for the particle.
Now I want to see the particle motion in real time, how it will attract towards one electrode. As it will feel a net dielectrophoreis force towards high intensity electric field.
Could anybody suggest me, which package I should use. I had tried with navier stokes, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks
Rajendra Kumar
M.Tech, IIT Bombay, India

2 Replies Last Post Sep 26, 2011, 6:49 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rajendra Kumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 10, 2011, 12:27 p.m. EDT
Hi

I too am interested in modeling DEP in Comsol. Please let me know if you've had any successes.

Shane
Hi I too am interested in modeling DEP in Comsol. Please let me know if you've had any successes. Shane

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2011, 6:49 p.m. EDT
Hi Raj

The work you have done is exactly what I'm interested to do in Comsol.
I wonder if you have any documentation or model on that with the required boundary conditions?

Regards,
Amin
Hi Raj The work you have done is exactly what I'm interested to do in Comsol. I wonder if you have any documentation or model on that with the required boundary conditions? Regards, Amin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.