Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Missing expressions for some variables in Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
Currently, I'm trying to model an Acoustic Levitation phenomenon by using COMSOL 5.0. When approaching the Acoustophoretic Force physics in Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow Study, the equation assuming tab have several variables definition including Force Ft, Urad, f1, f2 values. However, when I open the equation view of this physics, there are only two expressions including Acoustophoretic Force whose expression is 0 and Total force. I don't know whether the remaining variables are gone. I think they should be defined in the Equation View.
Could you please help me?
Cheers,
Huy

2 Replies Last Post Mar 1, 2017, 9:05 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Huy Pham

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 27, 2017, 5:05 p.m. EST
Hi,

I encounter the same problem. Have you solved it ? Could you please tell me where is the missing variables? Thank you so much.
Hi, I encounter the same problem. Have you solved it ? Could you please tell me where is the missing variables? Thank you so much.

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 1, 2017, 9:05 p.m. EST
Dear Mate,
You just need to run the Particle Tracing Module with Time Dependent Solver. You should choose a coarse mesh so that the solver releases the result fast. Then you can look at the "Equation View" of Acoustophoretic Force and all the equations appear.
Cheers,
Quoc
Dear Mate, You just need to run the Particle Tracing Module with Time Dependent Solver. You should choose a coarse mesh so that the solver releases the result fast. Then you can look at the "Equation View" of Acoustophoretic Force and all the equations appear. Cheers, Quoc

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.