Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

magnetic force , lorentz force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
i have questions for lorentz force simulation in 3d
i did following steps for determine value of lorentz force of a wire :
1.after selection magnetic field physic, i define a box as wire and sphere as air in geometry
2.define materials air and aluminum
In physic
3. i define background magnetic field 0.5 T in x direction
4. i define a external current density 1.11111e9 A/m^2 in y direction in wire
(depending on right hand low abut lorentz force)
5. i define force calculation for wire
compute
now from result tree in derived value , global evalution i get from mechanical , magnetic force the value of it
1. why changing in size of sphere make change in lorentz force of wire , which is true?
2. why i cant simulate lorentz force of wire without air define , and it give 0 N value of magnetic force ?
3. if i want couple result of this physic that is force to solid mechanic physic for defining that force for body load force , after defining fix constraint domain , what i should do ?
4. why after defination solid mechanic physic we need poisson ratio and young modulus for air ? that a red sign tell we dont define them for air , what i should do ?
5. did i do steps true ?

thank you

0 Replies Last Post Nov 17, 2016, 7:34 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Niloofar Bahrayni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.