Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error saving file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I run the comsol model(using comsol 4.1), it looks pretty good, but at the progress of running, then a problem comes and shows:Error saving file. Because my model is time-dependent, when I change the setup of time, actually, when I reduce the time, then the problem is gone. But, I have check the file size, it is about 100MB, not seems exceed the constraint of file size. So, I wonder why problem comes, is it due to the comsol itself? Any solution will be appreciated. By the way, I can upload my file if needed.

6 Replies Last Post Apr 13, 2011, 9:45 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lichun Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 7, 2011, 10:35 p.m. EST

When I run the comsol model(using comsol 4.1), it looks pretty good, but at the progress of running, then a problem comes and shows:Error saving file. Because my model is time-dependent, when I change the setup of time, actually, when I reduce the time, then the problem is gone. But, I have check the file size, it is about 100MB, not seems exceed the constraint of file size. So, I wonder why problem comes, is it due to the comsol itself? Any solution will be appreciated. By the way, I can upload my file if needed.

Hi ,

I am also having that type of error.

Feature: Stationary Solver1(sol1/s1)
Error: Failed to create folder to save to

Did you got any solution to this type of problem yet?

Regards

--
Faysal
[QUOTE] When I run the comsol model(using comsol 4.1), it looks pretty good, but at the progress of running, then a problem comes and shows:Error saving file. Because my model is time-dependent, when I change the setup of time, actually, when I reduce the time, then the problem is gone. But, I have check the file size, it is about 100MB, not seems exceed the constraint of file size. So, I wonder why problem comes, is it due to the comsol itself? Any solution will be appreciated. By the way, I can upload my file if needed. [/QUOTE] Hi , I am also having that type of error. Feature: Stationary Solver1(sol1/s1) Error: Failed to create folder to save to Did you got any solution to this type of problem yet? Regards -- Faysal

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2011, 7:56 p.m. EDT
I am also having the same error. Did you figure it out?
I am also having the same error. Did you figure it out?

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2011, 7:59 p.m. EDT
Actually, now I am getting something slightly different to you. Replace your similar line above with:

"Error: Error saving file" instead of something about not being able to create a folder
Actually, now I am getting something slightly different to you. Replace your similar line above with: "Error: Error saving file" instead of something about not being able to create a folder

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2011, 12:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

could it be that the scratch file directory disk is full?
I have readily >800Mb files without any problems

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi could it be that the scratch file directory disk is full? I have readily >800Mb files without any problems -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2011, 9:33 a.m. EDT
Where is the exact folder that you are referring to, I.e. where does it save "scratch files" (whatever those are)?

Or are you just referring to the folder the mph file is saved in?

My hard disk still has GB of space but my department had some shared folders within that space, that are limited to a few hundred MB since they sync those folders, e.g. the My Documents folder and others. So I thought comsol might be trying to save some temporary files there, and failing.
Where is the exact folder that you are referring to, I.e. where does it save "scratch files" (whatever those are)? Or are you just referring to the folder the mph file is saved in? My hard disk still has GB of space but my department had some shared folders within that space, that are limited to a few hundred MB since they sync those folders, e.g. the My Documents folder and others. So I thought comsol might be trying to save some temporary files there, and failing.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2011, 9:45 a.m. EDT
Hi

I haven't checked where it goes in V4, but I fear they have scratch files, perhaps in temp, now under Windows its often in your private temp.

C:\Users\ ... \AppData\Local\Temp

If I remember right in 3.5 there was a settings to redirect it, you should check the release and installation notes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I haven't checked where it goes in V4, but I fear they have scratch files, perhaps in temp, now under Windows its often in your private temp. C:\Users\ ... \AppData\Local\Temp If I remember right in 3.5 there was a settings to redirect it, you should check the release and installation notes -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.