Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with general extrusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I need to model high Reynolds flow in 3D. The model is very simple: it consists of one cylinder of length 40 meters, broken into pieces of 5 meters. I would like passing from a piece to another the initial conditions using the "General extrusion" but the model give me the error

Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: mod2.CI due(mod2.u2)
Extrusion coupling operator interpolation failed for at least one point: no source point found.
- Geometry: 3
- Domain: 1
- Destination coordinates.: [10.1; -0.01957691433; 0.199038782748], .... ecc..]

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 19, 2011, 7:38 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 19, 2011, 7:38 p.m. EST
Hi,Daniele
Have you solved your problem? Recently, I also encountered the similar error. Could you give me some suggest? thanks sincerely in advance for your help.

Yours
FM Huang
Dec. 20th,2011

Hi

I need to model high Reynolds flow in 3D. The model is very simple: it consists of one cylinder of length 40 meters, broken into pieces of 5 meters. I would like passing from a piece to another the initial conditions using the "General extrusion" but the model give me the error

Extrusion coupling operator interpolation failed for at least one point: no source point found.
- Geometry: 3
- Domain: 1
- Destination coordinates.: [10.1; -0.01957691433; 0.199038782748], .... ecc..]

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi,Daniele Have you solved your problem? Recently, I also encountered the similar error. Could you give me some suggest? thanks sincerely in advance for your help. Yours FM Huang Dec. 20th,2011 [QUOTE] Hi I need to model high Reynolds flow in 3D. The model is very simple: it consists of one cylinder of length 40 meters, broken into pieces of 5 meters. I would like passing from a piece to another the initial conditions using the "General extrusion" but the model give me the error Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: mod2.CI due(mod2.u2) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: mod2.CI due(mod2.u2) Extrusion coupling operator interpolation failed for at least one point: no source point found. - Geometry: 3 - Domain: 1 - Destination coordinates.: [10.1; -0.01957691433; 0.199038782748], .... ecc..] Any assistance is greatly appreciated. [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.