Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ultrasound perssure output

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to reproduce a result from a paper (Please see figure 1).
The first thing that I tried was a model that include only transducer and water. As you can see in Figure 2, I got some waves that come out of transducer at an angle. I just want to have waves in the -z direction. How can I get rid of those angled waves?

Thanks,

3 Replies Last Post Mar 28, 2017, 3:06 a.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 31, 2017, 10:50 a.m. EST
You haven't said what boundary condition you have used at the bottom of your domain. I am guessing that it is an absorbing boundary condition. If so your figure (#2) shows the expected physical solution- namely, spreading of the ultrasonic wave at the transducer edge.

Figure #1 is different in the following ways: (1) smaller wavelength in relation to transducer size (2) mostly reflecting boundary condition at the bottom and possibly (3) insufficient resolution to really see what is happening at the edges.

If the published figure is a modeling result (and not, say, an artist's conception) then I would read carefully the details of the modeling performed and try to reproduce them as accurately as you can.

DWGreve
DWGreve Consulting
You haven't said what boundary condition you have used at the bottom of your domain. I am guessing that it is an absorbing boundary condition. If so your figure (#2) shows the expected physical solution- namely, spreading of the ultrasonic wave at the transducer edge. Figure #1 is different in the following ways: (1) smaller wavelength in relation to transducer size (2) mostly reflecting boundary condition at the bottom and possibly (3) insufficient resolution to really see what is happening at the edges. If the published figure is a modeling result (and not, say, an artist's conception) then I would read carefully the details of the modeling performed and try to reproduce them as accurately as you can. DWGreve DWGreve Consulting

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 31, 2017, 11:08 a.m. EST
Thank you for your response. I got my answer based on your explanation.

My boundary condition on the bottom and right is "cylindrical wave radiation", so there should be no reflection at those boundaries.

Thanks,
Thank you for your response. I got my answer based on your explanation. My boundary condition on the bottom and right is "cylindrical wave radiation", so there should be no reflection at those boundaries. Thanks,

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 28, 2017, 3:06 a.m. EDT
Hi, hamed
I'd like to build a model under ultrasound effect, too.Could you tell me how to define an ultrasonic force or source, and which physic did you choice?
Best Regards
Hi, hamed I'd like to build a model under ultrasound effect, too.Could you tell me how to define an ultrasonic force or source, and which physic did you choice? Best Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.