Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

combining acoustic with laminar flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
did anybody simulated wind speed/direction impact on acoustic field?
combining laminar flow with pressure acoustics does not create multiphysics node.
Anybody have an idea?

--
Daria Wotzka

4 Replies Last Post Feb 17, 2017, 3:29 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 16, 2017, 4:27 a.m. EST
Hi

Have you studies this application library example ?

www.comsol.eu/model/ultrasound-flow-meter-with-generic-time-of-flight-configuration-34991

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Have you studies this application library example ? https://www.comsol.eu/model/ultrasound-flow-meter-with-generic-time-of-flight-configuration-34991 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 16, 2017, 4:35 a.m. EST

not yet :)

thanks a lot i will look on it.
best regards,
Daria
not yet :) thanks a lot i will look on it. best regards, Daria

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 16, 2017, 5:35 a.m. EST
Dear Ivar,
the >Ultrasound> is not available in the 5.2 :(
if I try with pressure acoustic would it be fine?

--
Daria Wotzka
Dear Ivar, the >Ultrasound> is not available in the 5.2 :( if I try with pressure acoustic would it be fine? -- Daria Wotzka

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 17, 2017, 3:29 a.m. EST
Hello

you are right its a new feature of 5.2a I see.

Normally you need the transport part that has been added to the Convected wave equation in 5.2a, you might write it out yourself, but there a quite some equations, probably its easier to upgrade if you have the cash ;(

I'm a happy user with a boss accepting to pay the maintenance and the upgrades. And at the speed COMSOL adds new features it's worth it, at least for an industrial approach.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hello you are right its a new feature of 5.2a I see. Normally you need the transport part that has been added to the Convected wave equation in 5.2a, you might write it out yourself, but there a quite some equations, probably its easier to upgrade if you have the cash ;( I'm a happy user with a boss accepting to pay the maintenance and the upgrades. And at the speed COMSOL adds new features it's worth it, at least for an industrial approach. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.