Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface integral in 2D axisymmetric model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a 2D axisymmetric model. I like to take the integral over a surface in the 3D reconstructed model based on my 2D model. The surface that I am talking about, is presented by a line in 2D axisymmetric model. Is anyone know how to do this?

Also, is it just same to take the line average over the line in 2D model and multiply it by area after revolution around axis of symmetry?

2 Replies Last Post Feb 22, 2017, 9:32 p.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 20, 2017, 7:51 a.m. EST
I have a 2D axisymmetric model. I like to take the integral over a surface in the 3D reconstructed model based on my 2D model. The surface that I am talking about, is presented by a line in 2D axisymmetric model. Is anyone know how to do this?

Also, is it just same to take the line average over the line in 2D model and multiply it by area after revolution around axis of symmetry?

I suggest that you create a Line Integration node under Derived Values and check the "Compute Surface Integral" check box in the Integration Settings section.

The approach that you describe only gives the correct result in some cases.
[QUOTE]I have a 2D axisymmetric model. I like to take the integral over a surface in the 3D reconstructed model based on my 2D model. The surface that I am talking about, is presented by a line in 2D axisymmetric model. Is anyone know how to do this? Also, is it just same to take the line average over the line in 2D model and multiply it by area after revolution around axis of symmetry? [/QUOTE] I suggest that you create a Line Integration node under Derived Values and check the "Compute Surface Integral" check box in the Integration Settings section. The approach that you describe only gives the correct result in some cases.

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 22, 2017, 9:32 p.m. EST
Thank you Gunnar.
It was what I wanted.
Thank you Gunnar. It was what I wanted.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.