Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustics Time Dependent Study from a Frequency Domain Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Community,

I am solving an acoustic problem with two different frequencies from continuous wave sources and need to track their interaction at a focal area.

The mesh requirement and time step requirement for a single time dependent study is extremely computationally intensive, given the ratio of acoustic wavelength to focal distance traveled, along with the higher frequencies involved. To combat this and make the computation time a little easier, I am solving two Frequency Domain studies, one for each frequency, then would like to run a Time Dependent study at the smaller focal area. However I am having trouble using the previously solved acoustic pressure solutions within the Time study, either as initial conditions or boundary conditions.

If someone could advise on the proper placement of 'acpr.p_t' (or similar) with 't' equation in the Pressure Acoustics, Transient physics section, it would be much appreciated. Or advise if my line of reason is incorrect. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

NCF

0 Replies Last Post Feb 21, 2017, 8:39 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nathan Francis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.