Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Incident Pressure field vs Pressure Boundary Condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello fellow COMSOL users,

Does anyone know what is the difference between Incident Pressure field vs Pressure Boundary Condition in acoustic module in COMSOL ?
I want to model the classic problem of a tube and Helmholtz resonator and extract the frequency response of the system. Helmholtz resonator is placed in the middle of the tube and connected to its external surface. The model input is at the beginning of the tube and pressure is measured at another side of the tube.
There are two options available for a planar wave in COMSOL, 1- pressure boundary condition, 2- Incident pressure field ( in planar wave radiation boundary condition)
I have simulated both cases and the results are not the same.
Does any one know which boundary condition is the most suitable for my problem?

Any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Feb 24, 2017, 10:31 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mehdi Jokar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.