Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multiple eigenvalue study steps

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am running amodel in which I have three study steps. The first step is a stationary step which solves for a poptential profile to be used in the eigenvalue step. Thesecond step is an eigenvalue step should take the potential from the stationary step and compute eigenvalues. The third step is a different eigenvalue step which should again tae he potentials from the first step and compute a new set of eigenvlues.

The problem is that the output only has a single variable named "lambda" which lumps all the eigenvalues for both steps into one array. I would like for the solver to solve one eigenvalue step with eigenvalues named lamda1 and the second with eigenvalues named lambda2. Is this possible?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 18, 2017, 1:06 a.m. EDT
Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 18, 2017, 1:06 a.m. EDT
If you can upload your model, I would take a look at it; in the meantime I think that one way to solve your problem may be by passing the dependent variables from the previously solved study to the next study. Also, check out equation view and the dependent variables under the solver to see what the variables you want are called when you want to go process your results - it's possible that they are being stored but you are not referencing them correctly.
If you can upload your model, I would take a look at it; in the meantime I think that one way to solve your problem may be by passing the dependent variables from the previously solved study to the next study. Also, check out equation view and the dependent variables under the solver to see what the variables you want are called when you want to go process your results - it's possible that they are being stored but you are not referencing them correctly.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.