Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RE : What is the cause of having an error : ID (= No degrees of freedom to solve for ) in COMSOL version 3.5a ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the heat transfer process in a domain which is composed of three sub-domains. During the execution, an error with ID : 7075 is found : " No degree of freedom to solve for" . Afterwards, I checked the mesh statistics and found the total number of degrees of freedom : 7875. Besides, I have gone through the documents and but failed to find this error ID and information. I found only the error ID ranging from 7000 to 7999 belongs to solver category and then I have tested the several solver. But no change is found in error message and ID as well even after changing the solver !!!

However, I hope that any kind of suggestion regarding this problem from anybody would be highly effective.

With best regards

AH

2 Replies Last Post Feb 11, 2011, 12:38 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 11, 2011, 5:11 a.m. EST
Hi,

Open "Solver Manager" (icon with exclamation mark) and choose bar called "Solve For". Here You can see tree with geometries, modules and variables of your model. Select them all (or some of them if needed). If nothing is selected You get error 7075.

Regards,
Przemek
Hi, Open "Solver Manager" (icon with exclamation mark) and choose bar called "Solve For". Here You can see tree with geometries, modules and variables of your model. Select them all (or some of them if needed). If nothing is selected You get error 7075. Regards, Przemek

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 11, 2011, 12:38 p.m. EST

Hello Przemek,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right. Now it works.

With best wishes

AH

Hi,

Open "Solver Manager" (icon with exclamation mark) and choose bar called "Solve For". Here You can see tree with geometries, modules and variables of your model. Select them all (or some of them if needed). If nothing is selected You get error 7075.

Regards,
Przemek

Hello Przemek, Thanks for your reply. You are right. Now it works. With best wishes AH [QUOTE] Hi, Open "Solver Manager" (icon with exclamation mark) and choose bar called "Solve For". Here You can see tree with geometries, modules and variables of your model. Select them all (or some of them if needed). If nothing is selected You get error 7075. Regards, Przemek [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.