Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Anisotropic Boundary Layer...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure an Anisotropic Boundary Layer and the rest of the domain Isotropic?

I'm fearly new to COMSOL and was wondering if this was possible...

Hope someone can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Rui Silva

1 Reply Last Post Feb 10, 2011, 3:13 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 10, 2011, 3:13 p.m. EST
Hi

I would say it depends what physics you want to use. You have different "thin layer BC" defined in the differnt physics that allows you to simulate a thin domain as a boundary with non continuous physics, somethimes different along the boundary vector directions. Check the doc and the "thin film examples".

By the way upgrade to 4.1 the doc and COMSOL runs much smoother, check with your rep.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would say it depends what physics you want to use. You have different "thin layer BC" defined in the differnt physics that allows you to simulate a thin domain as a boundary with non continuous physics, somethimes different along the boundary vector directions. Check the doc and the "thin film examples". By the way upgrade to 4.1 the doc and COMSOL runs much smoother, check with your rep. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.