Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help (a bigginer user)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a beginner user to COMSoL and not familiar with this program at all ,
Can you please suggest me tutorials or good documents to learn it and also guide me about it.
thanks

1 Reply Last Post Feb 11, 2011, 2:25 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 11, 2011, 2:25 p.m. EST
Hi

you can find a lot on the main web site: videos and tutorials, as well as sveral 1h video seminars, around on the web i.e. NTB...

You should go through the examples, and inspect the model library, run the examples. Star simple one hysics at te time

Do not forget to read the doc, raather 3 times (in small doses) than only rapidly once ;)

You can look (borrow from your library before deciding which to purchase) the one from Pryor is, for 3.5a, a detailed step by step introduction, and at some of the books proposed in the main COMSOL page

And once you start to get a grasp of the tool, take a 1-2 day course organised by the numerous COMSOL offices.

Then nothing can replace exercice, my way has also been by studing the "problems" of others as her on the FORUM ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can find a lot on the main web site: videos and tutorials, as well as sveral 1h video seminars, around on the web i.e. NTB... You should go through the examples, and inspect the model library, run the examples. Star simple one hysics at te time Do not forget to read the doc, raather 3 times (in small doses) than only rapidly once ;) You can look (borrow from your library before deciding which to purchase) the one from Pryor is, for 3.5a, a detailed step by step introduction, and at some of the books proposed in the main COMSOL page And once you start to get a grasp of the tool, take a 1-2 day course organised by the numerous COMSOL offices. Then nothing can replace exercice, my way has also been by studing the "problems" of others as her on the FORUM ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.