Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ultrasound transduce output

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I like to model an ultrasound transducer as shown in the attached figure. I have all material properties from the manufacturer. I want to have 4 highlighted part in my Comsol model.

-For the backing part, only impedance is given. Is there any way that I can implement the backing as an impedance boundary on the back of the active element.
-For wear plate (which is a solid material), I have added it to the pressure acoustic and not solid mechanics physics. Is this a correct thing to do? I am not interested in stress / strain of wear plate. I just want to make sure that it correctly transmit the ultrasound waves.

Is there anything that needs to be fixed in the model?

I could not attach the file. Instead, I have shared dropbox link. Sorry for the inconvenience.
www.dropbox.com/s/d46zxy9fcn1m8qm/Complete%20model%20%281MHz%29.mph.mph?dl=0

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post Apr 10, 2017, 9:12 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hamed Rahimi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.