Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time Stepping ( solve node)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

please guide me
in comsol 3.5a:

i want to use General PDE form for modeling of a discharge.
the Dimension is 1D ; x=[0,1] mm
i have 8 general pde forms for "Poisson equation, ions density and electron energy"

in x=0 , potential=V0*cos(2*pi*Freq*t)
in x=1 mm, potential =0

Freq= 13.6e6 MHz

I build the model very exactly.
my problem is in Time Stepping ( solve node)

if I run model for 150 cycles , my results are Acceptable. ==>range(0,(1/13.6e6-0)/(24-0),150/13.6e6)
but if I run model for 1 cycle, my results aren't Acceptable.==>range(0,(1/13.6e6-0)/(24-0),1/13.6e6)

I know when I would choose 1 cycle ,The calculations are repeated until convergence is achieved !
so you do not have to select 150 cycles.

So what's the problem?

thanks

0 Replies Last Post May 2, 2017, 3:56 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Parviz Khan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.