Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

scaled or unscaled in Time-Dependent solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There are scaled and unscaled in Time-Dependent Solver. What do they mean? What is the difference between them? Now I meet a problem that does not converge at some point in time. When I change scaled to unscaled, the problem disappears. So what is the difference of scaled and unscaled?

2 Replies Last Post May 25, 2017, 11:23 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago May 25, 2017, 1:49 p.m. EDT
Hello Xuebin,
Have you had a chance to look at the explanation in the documentation? Reference Manual, version 5.3, page 1072 gives a detailed explanation of that setting. If you need further assistance, please contact COMSOL tech support team: support@comsol.com .
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Xuebin, Have you had a chance to look at the explanation in the documentation? Reference Manual, version 5.3, page 1072 gives a detailed explanation of that setting. If you need further assistance, please contact COMSOL tech support team: support@comsol.com . Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago May 25, 2017, 11:23 p.m. EDT
Thank you very much. I will look at what you said. Thank you!
Thank you very much. I will look at what you said. Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.