Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to select a hidden interface?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am new to comsol 4.1 and I have a question and need your help.
My question is how to use cursor to select an interface between two connected blocks directly on the geometry.
Is there a function that can temporarily make one block invisible so that I can select the face of the other one easily?
Thanks a lot,

2 Replies Last Post Feb 28, 2011, 5:14 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 4:53 p.m. EST
Hi

there are several ways in v4.

Indeed you have a "hide object" (= geoemtry) or "hide entity" (= FEM geometrical Entity check the doc for the explanations, these terms are improtant to understand and differentiate) in the "Definition View" node (try a right click, in general in v4, try right clicks on all nodes, and sub-nodes, and sometimes try again if you have changed the physics, new sub-node might be activated !)

But you can also clik several times on the geoemtry, you will select each traversed face one by one (and loop back) each time a new entity will be highlighted (red new selection, green an alerady selected item) blue is for the entities you have selected and accepted. Use the entity type Domain, Boundary, Edge (if applicable i.e. 3D) and Points. You select these by the icons upper right part of the graphics view

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are several ways in v4. Indeed you have a "hide object" (= geoemtry) or "hide entity" (= FEM geometrical Entity check the doc for the explanations, these terms are improtant to understand and differentiate) in the "Definition View" node (try a right click, in general in v4, try right clicks on all nodes, and sub-nodes, and sometimes try again if you have changed the physics, new sub-node might be activated !) But you can also clik several times on the geoemtry, you will select each traversed face one by one (and loop back) each time a new entity will be highlighted (red new selection, green an alerady selected item) blue is for the entities you have selected and accepted. Use the entity type Domain, Boundary, Edge (if applicable i.e. 3D) and Points. You select these by the icons upper right part of the graphics view -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2011, 5:14 p.m. EST
Your answer is very helpful, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.
Your answer is very helpful, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.