Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Prestressed Frequency Domain Study and Time Dependent Modal Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have done a Prestressed Frequency Domain study for my 3D structural model and obtained a set of eigen frequencies and plotted a 1D Plot for frequency vs displacement. Since this study uses the eigen values computed and does a frequency sweep to plot the graph, it was fine till here. I later added a study step to convert these frequencies to time FFT and obtained a time vs displacement graph.

I later tested the results with time dependence modal study but it gives me a separate set of eigen frequencies and thus a different time graph corresponding to these sets of frequencies.

So, Which one should I consider for my results? Why there is a difference between the two results?

Please help.

Best,
Shubham

0 Replies Last Post Jul 7, 2017, 12:49 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shubham Shubham

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.