Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d electrocoalescence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

I want to extend the 2d model of electrocoalescence in the model library of COMSOM to 3d. but i have some problems each time I try it. I do all the same things for 3d model as it said in 2d model.
in other words , what should I consider when extending a model from 2d to 3d ?
should i change the mesh pattern or other things to get the same results ?

thanks

4 Replies Last Post Mar 13, 2011, 1:42 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 12, 2011, 5:23 p.m. EST
by the way,

it gives keeping me this error:

the segregated solver do not include all its components . what should I do with segregated solver ?
by the way, it gives keeping me this error: the segregated solver do not include all its components . what should I do with segregated solver ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 13, 2011, 5:35 a.m. EDT
Hi

open the segregated solver node and check where the different dependent variables are defined,

Questions to ask:
- are they all there? when you look at each sub node
- are they in the correct order (they may appear twice, that is not necesarily an error)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi open the segregated solver node and check where the different dependent variables are defined, Questions to ask: - are they all there? when you look at each sub node - are they in the correct order (they may appear twice, that is not necesarily an error) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 13, 2011, 12:10 p.m. EDT
dear Ivar,

when I click on the segregated solver there are two nodes:

segregated step 1 and segregated step 2, the leve lset variable was in non of them. so I add the Phils in the step 1.

so there are mod1_V and Phils in step 1 ,

mod1_u and mod1_p in step 2.

now it gives me this error:

Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: Vf1_tpf
dear Ivar, when I click on the segregated solver there are two nodes: segregated step 1 and segregated step 2, the leve lset variable was in non of them. so I add the Phils in the step 1. so there are mod1_V and Phils in step 1 , mod1_u and mod1_p in step 2. now it gives me this error: Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian. - Variable: Vf1_tpf

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 13, 2011, 1:42 p.m. EDT
Hi

without a model its difficult to propose any reasonable action, apart for "Murphy", if not in segregation step 1, perhaps it should be in step 2 ? ;)

The best is to take a working model with the same physics and see how the segregation steps are set up.

Or delete the solver sequence and see how its rebuild itself (valid for v4.1 or newer, not sure it works in V4.0) Note that if you delete the solver sequence it will also delete your Results !! you are warned ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi without a model its difficult to propose any reasonable action, apart for "Murphy", if not in segregation step 1, perhaps it should be in step 2 ? ;) The best is to take a working model with the same physics and see how the segregation steps are set up. Or delete the solver sequence and see how its rebuild itself (valid for v4.1 or newer, not sure it works in V4.0) Note that if you delete the solver sequence it will also delete your Results !! you are warned ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.