Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Field interface and the Moving Mesh interface are incompatible?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to build a 3D model about magnets moving in a coil for some time but still haven't figured it out. I wonder if anyone has some experience of that.

I followed the 2D example and applied all the same boundary conditions but it just didn't work out. It seems like the Magnetic Field interface and the Moving Mesh interface are incompatible somehow.

An interesting phenomenon I found is that I can solve the stationary study without the Moving Mesh interface, but when I added the Moving Mesh interface even the stationary study failed though it's not included in the stationary study. The failure is due to convergence problem and I noticed that there is a discontinuity in the convergence plot and it suddenly goes up at some point.

Does anyone have any ideas of that?

Thanks,
Yong

1 Reply Last Post Aug 24, 2017, 10:29 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Aug 24, 2017, 10:29 p.m. EDT
Hi Yang:
I am currently working on this kind of model, and it can work out under stationery contidion(using assembly and continuity), however it doesn't work when i include moving mesh under dependent condition. I recently got a file that said this can't be done. I don't konw why. I'd like we have a communication privately. Thanks.
Hi Yang: I am currently working on this kind of model, and it can work out under stationery contidion(using assembly and continuity), however it doesn't work when i include moving mesh under dependent condition. I recently got a file that said this can't be done. I don't konw why. I'd like we have a communication privately. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.