Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Water jet into gelatin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I need help in choosing the correct physics for my COMSOL model. I am trying to model a water jet into a ballistic gel. The water is coming at a pressure of about 120 MPa and the gel is stationary. The experiment time is less than a second. I am confused between: 1- (Multi-phase flow) turbulent two-phase flow OR mixture model turbulent flow ? 2- Stationary or time-dependent ?

Could you please advise me ? Thanks Ammar

1 Reply Last Post Nov 5, 2017, 1:34 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Nov 5, 2017, 1:34 a.m. EDT

Hi,

Choose Turbulent multi-phase + Time-dependent solver, and be ready to spent many hours in tuning the time-dependent solver options due to significant complexity of the problem you consider.

Hi, Choose Turbulent multi-phase + Time-dependent solver, and be ready to spent many hours in tuning the time-dependent solver options due to significant complexity of the problem you consider.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.