Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can i embed a 2D object into 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a cylindrical block and wanrt to insert a flat contact on top.

so i created the flat contact in workplanes, but i cant find the way to embed it into the 3D feature.

Any help.

Regards-LINDA!

3 Replies Last Post Jun 20, 2011, 11:41 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 1, 2011, 3:27 a.m. EDT
What do you mean by '3D feature'?

If done correctly you can just add boundary or edge conditions to the 2D workplane created in a 3D model.
What do you mean by '3D feature'? If done correctly you can just add boundary or edge conditions to the 2D workplane created in a 3D model.

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 1, 2011, 3:53 a.m. EDT
Hi,

A 2D geometry object in a work plane is automatically inserted (embedded) as a 2D object in the 3D geometry when you build the final geometry (unless you first extrude or revolve it into a 3D object).

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, A 2D geometry object in a work plane is automatically inserted (embedded) as a 2D object in the 3D geometry when you build the final geometry (unless you first extrude or revolve it into a 3D object). Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 20, 2011, 11:41 a.m. EDT
Hi there

I understand that the 2D object is automatically embedded into a 3D geometry, but how can I assign a physics to this embedded 2D object? In my case, I am using 4.0, and I could not see the 2D object i.e. circle, therein I could not assign any physics to it. Kindly advise. Many thanks!

liwah
Hi there I understand that the 2D object is automatically embedded into a 3D geometry, but how can I assign a physics to this embedded 2D object? In my case, I am using 4.0, and I could not see the 2D object i.e. circle, therein I could not assign any physics to it. Kindly advise. Many thanks! liwah

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.