Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding Eddy Currents Due to Coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my model, I have a coil inside of an aluminum tube. After a certain amount of time, the current running through the coil shuts off. I am aiming to measure the eddy currents induced in the surrounding aluminum tube over time, but am runing into several issues.

I believe I have correctly implemented my components, but the results are proving to be a challenge. Follwing an eddy current tutorial online creates some interesting streamlines in my model. I was wondering if there is an efficient way to measure the eddy currents in the aluminum tubing as well as the magnitude of the magnetic field at certain points inside of the tube, or if somebody could point out the shortcomings of my current model.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 28, 2018, 3:06 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ian Schwartz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.