Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI,

I am modelling a simple semiconductor resistance using the RF module of Comsol 3.5 to study its behavior at frequencies in the tera-hertz regime. I would like to extract the impedance from the S parameters. The geometry i have used is a cuboid having dimension 1mm x 1mm x 2.5mm(x x y x z). I have used the impedance boundary condition at the semiconductor-air interfaces (for the boundaries along the x-z and y-z planes) and specified the port boundary condition for the boundaries along the x-y planes . But i seem to get results which are totally against my thinking.

I am doubtful of what to specify as the source electric field in the impedance boundary condition.... I think that's where i am going wrong.... or is it really something else?

Can someone help me in this regard???

1 Reply Last Post Apr 15, 2011, 2:02 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 15, 2011, 2:02 a.m. EDT
Hi

are you sure you are respecting the minimum mesh criteria: a few mesh elements (if possible >5) per wavelength IN THE MATERIAL (include the index in your estimation, not the free space wavelength) ?

I believe that is your main issue here

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure you are respecting the minimum mesh criteria: a few mesh elements (if possible >5) per wavelength IN THE MATERIAL (include the index in your estimation, not the free space wavelength) ? I believe that is your main issue here -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.