Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

regarding ac dc module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi ,

how to define ac current in the comsol 4.0 and where to define the same i.e procedure

please help me in doing this.

3 Replies Last Post Apr 15, 2011, 8:56 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 15, 2011, 3:05 a.m. EDT
Hi

normally one uses the harmonic solver for AC response, then one must define the frequency (or range of) and the amplitude (the value of the corresponding BC), and optionally the phase

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally one uses the harmonic solver for AC response, then one must define the frequency (or range of) and the amplitude (the value of the corresponding BC), and optionally the phase -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 15, 2011, 7:44 a.m. EDT
hi ivar,
thanks for ur response.

could you please tell me the steps where and how to give current amplitude value for the magnetic model in 3D.
i am new to this software.

range of frequency means in the frequency domain analysis we have to the values ..is it so.
hi ivar, thanks for ur response. could you please tell me the steps where and how to give current amplitude value for the magnetic model in 3D. i am new to this software. range of frequency means in the frequency domain analysis we have to the values ..is it so.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 15, 2011, 8:56 a.m. EDT
Hi

the current values you give are the amplitude of the harmonic wave and not the absolute DC values (they are multiplied by "j*omega". For the frequency sweep, use the "range(,,)" operator or hit the small icon to the right for the solver freq field and fill in the values, the range() operator will be included for you

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the current values you give are the amplitude of the harmonic wave and not the absolute DC values (they are multiplied by "j*omega". For the frequency sweep, use the "range(,,)" operator or hit the small icon to the right for the solver freq field and fill in the values, the range() operator will be included for you -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.