Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Field due to time varying Electric Potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to COMSOL, I am trying to build a model to compute the magnetic field generated due to time varying electric potential along one of the boundaries. I believe the model is correct but I don't know why it doesn't compute the magnetic field; can anyone help me please??

The model is a multiphysics model which includes electrostaic module and electromagnetic module.

4 Replies Last Post Jul 19, 2011, 9:39 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 23, 2011, 8:08 a.m. EDT
Hi

the RF module needs a current to derive a potential A, not just an electric field on a boundary

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the RF module needs a current to derive a potential A, not just an electric field on a boundary -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 24, 2011, 8:41 a.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,

Thank you very much for your immediate response,

Isn't there any other way to solve for the magnetic field generated due to time varying electric field without introducing a current??

Dear Ivar, Thank you very much for your immediate response, Isn't there any other way to solve for the magnetic field generated due to time varying electric field without introducing a current??

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 24, 2011, 10:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

if its a periodic "time variant" case use the "emw" with a frequency domain sweep, then you could probably use ES to define your E field

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if its a periodic "time variant" case use the "emw" with a frequency domain sweep, then you could probably use ES to define your E field -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 19, 2011, 9:39 p.m. EDT
So I can use structural mechanics to move a magnet ina coil so current is produced ??
So I can use structural mechanics to move a magnet ina coil so current is produced ??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.