Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating Shell sub-module under the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I made dielectrophoresis simulation in 4.3 version with Comsol, I could not select Shell property which is one of the necessities from Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow. How can I solve the problem?

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 6, 2018, 5:14 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 6, 2018, 5:14 a.m. EDT

Hi,

In addition to previous mail, without selecting cell module, when I made simulation, I got following error message;

Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian. - Variable: mod1.ec.Ey - Geometry: 1 - Domain: 2 Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian. - Operator: env_pgeom_fpt - Geometry: 2 - Boundary: 1 Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian. - Operator: env_pgeom_fpt - Geometry: 2 - Boundary: 1

I could not interprent concepts of the message which are Geometry, Boundary and Operator.

Hi, In addition to previous mail, without selecting cell module, when I made simulation, I got following error message; Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian. - Variable: mod1.ec.Ey - Geometry: 1 - Domain: 2 Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian. - Operator: env_pgeom_fpt - Geometry: 2 - Boundary: 1 Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian. - Operator: env_pgeom_fpt - Geometry: 2 - Boundary: 1 I could not interprent concepts of the message which are Geometry, Boundary and Operator.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.