Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is the coil name in multi-turn coil domain in magnetic filed of COMSOL 4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When modeling a rotating machine, there are many coils that transfer the three phase voltage or currents.

In reality +A coil(stator slot in COMSOL subdomain) and -A coil(stator slot in COSMOL subdomain) is same coil so I modeled same coil name like '1' or 'A' but the analysis result is wrong.

When I entered different coil name each 6-slots, that analysis result is more acceptable than former result.

What's the 'coil name?'
I don't understand.
Just a subscript?
Any manual or user-guide didn't explain that more deeply.
Is there anyone can explain that?

2 Replies Last Post May 6, 2011, 12:54 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2011, 4:21 p.m. EDT
Hi

to beter understand are you in 2D, 2D axi ,3D ? with MF, MEF , ... ?

The name is to identify your coil variables, if you use the same they are grouped, but obviously not as you expected. Check carefully in the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi to beter understand are you in 2D, 2D axi ,3D ? with MF, MEF , ... ? The name is to identify your coil variables, if you use the same they are grouped, but obviously not as you expected. Check carefully in the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 12:54 a.m. EDT
thanks a lot!
I really appreciate.
thanks a lot! I really appreciate.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.