Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to use imported fem in MATLAB?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I created an fem in COMSOL and imported it in MATLAB. How can I get valuable data from fem in MATLAB? For example when I click on the fem in the Workspace, it gives me a list of the variables such as geom, bnd, pnt. But when I click on those to get the information about the size, location, etc. of those geometry, boundary and points, it is almost empty or has few useless info.

Does anyone know how the values of the variables can be extracted and used?

Thanks,
Manuel

1 Reply Last Post May 5, 2011, 3:09 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 5, 2011, 3:09 p.m. EDT
Hi

it's really too long to discuss here but you have good examples in the doc (at least in the v4.1 & 3.5 if you are still in 3.5) the methodology is COMSOL specific, and you need some time to learn it

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's really too long to discuss here but you have good examples in the doc (at least in the v4.1 & 3.5 if you are still in 3.5) the methodology is COMSOL specific, and you need some time to learn it -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.