Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving Permanent magnet around Circle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am a new user of Comsol 4. I am working on a project that I should model moving curent i.e active magnetic bearing ( The active vibration control, on-line balancing and fitness for high rotational speed for turbomachin.)
I have a cad model for this one and I am familiear with a simple Analysis i.e geometry, boundary condition and etc and it has been completed but in moving still I have a problem. how should I define the boundary and ... for moving and to model this current?

Best Regards

3 Replies Last Post May 19, 2011, 10:33 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 6, 2011, 7:59 a.m. EDT
Hi

do you need to "physically" move your geometrical object or is it enough to give a virtual motion to your (normally static) other part ? sometimes its easier to swap rotor and stator for the simulations

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do you need to "physically" move your geometrical object or is it enough to give a virtual motion to your (normally static) other part ? sometimes its easier to swap rotor and stator for the simulations -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 19, 2011, 10:30 a.m. EDT
Dear Ivar

First of all I would like to thank you.
I need to "physically" move the geometrical object. first I am trying to move it in a line but without any succes and then around circle.

Best , Regards
Payam Sabour
Dear Ivar First of all I would like to thank you. I need to "physically" move the geometrical object. first I am trying to move it in a line but without any succes and then around circle. Best , Regards Payam Sabour

Posted: 1 decade ago May 19, 2011, 10:33 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Your description is quite vague but I would say that you need the ALE interface, then you will have to set up moving boundaries and mesh accordingly.

Cheers
Hi, Your description is quite vague but I would say that you need the ALE interface, then you will have to set up moving boundaries and mesh accordingly. Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.