Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Concentric cylinder heat transfer with longitudinal fins

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Dears, I want to perform heat transfer in PCMs simulation in COMSOL Multiphysics 5.0a in concentric tube heat exchanger. The hot water will be flowing in the central pipe while paraffin wax will be in the annulus. The longitudinal fins are also connected to the central pipe. I added two modules Laminar Flow and Heat Transfer in Fluids to the study. when i performed simulation it shows heat transfer in solids boundaries but not in the paraffin residing in the annulus. It does not show heat transfer due to hot water flowing in the central pipe. Anyone can help me how to couple laminar flow to heat transfer in paraffin? i.e. there will be heat transfer due to exhange of heat from hot flowing water in the central pipe to the paraffin in the annulus.

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Jun 3, 2018, 8:05 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rab Nawaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.