Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diffusion of 2 gasses

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI

I am currently working on a model which contains a microreactor which inlet and outlet capillaries, and my objective is to create a diffusion phenomena throught. I have chosen a transport of concentrated species interface and laminar flow interface, where the gasses are helium and hydrogen.

As one can see from the attached model, I have specified a fraction of 50% each both in inlet and outlet. This is due to The law of conservation of mass. But that said, through experimental studies and scientific knowledge about the relationship between mass (molar mass) and difusion, the fraction in the zone where my gasses enters the outlet capillary should be different than 50% each; this due to difference in molar mass and diffusion coefficient. In addition in the outlet capillary the one should see equilibrium so the outlet fraction would result in 50% each.

My problem is though I cannot get a different fraction in the zone where my gasses enters the outlet capillary. I am getting a small fraction difference when compared, but this difference is very small.

Can one please elaborate and explain what I need to do, so I can investigate the difference in fraction. The model is attached.

Help is appreciated.

BR

Zübeyr

0 Replies Last Post May 11, 2011, 9:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zubeyr Yuksel

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.