Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inductance and Mutual inductance calculations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I am trying to calculate the inductance and Mutual inductance matrix of a multi turn coil of 2 layers. I want to excite current through primary coil and find the inductance, mutual inductance and induced voltage of secondary coil. I am attaching my model.

Thanks.
Pranith THummala

2 Replies Last Post May 13, 2011, 6:23 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 13, 2011, 2:02 a.m. EDT
Hi

that looks good,

now have you checked the variables COMSOL has created for you, i.e. see
Results - Derived Values - Global Evaluation - Expression - Magnetics fields tab

or a CNTRL+ SPACE in the Expression entry line of the Global evaluation

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that looks good, now have you checked the variables COMSOL has created for you, i.e. see Results - Derived Values - Global Evaluation - Expression - Magnetics fields tab or a CNTRL+ SPACE in the Expression entry line of the Global evaluation -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 13, 2011, 6:23 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

I am modeiling exactly the same thing. But the problem is that the global variable doesn't contain the mutual inductances

Please help

regards,
Omar
Hi Ivar, I am modeiling exactly the same thing. But the problem is that the global variable doesn't contain the mutual inductances Please help regards, Omar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.