Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to address a variable at a specific point?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to use the expression V(z)-V(z-1). How can I address the value of V at point (z-1)?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post May 18, 2011, 4:04 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 18, 2011, 4:04 a.m. EDT
The problem was because of v.4.0a. It works correctly in 4.1.

To address the variable V at (z-1), I defined the mapped coordinate system sys2 with sys2.z = z-1 and the general extrusion operator genext1 with sys2 as a destination map. genext1(V) gives the value of V(z-1).
The problem was because of v.4.0a. It works correctly in 4.1. To address the variable V at (z-1), I defined the mapped coordinate system sys2 with sys2.z = z-1 and the general extrusion operator genext1 with sys2 as a destination map. genext1(V) gives the value of V(z-1).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.