Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help...the model elevator button in Version4.1...how to define the piezoresistivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There are errors when opening the elevator button in version v4.1...as following when defining the variable:

Name:sxl expression: sxl_smsld description: Material stress in local coordinates

Name: rho11 expression: coord1_T11*(rhol11*coord1_T11+rhol12*coord1_T12+rhol13*coord1_T13)+coord1_T12*(rhol12*coord1_T11+rhol22*coord1_T12+rhol23*coord1_T13)+coord1_T13*(rhol13*coord1_T11+rhol23*coord1_T12+rhol33*coord1_T13)
description: Relative resistivity (rho/rho0) in global coordinates

Please help me........

3 Replies Last Post May 25, 2011, 10:47 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 25, 2011, 9:43 a.m. EDT
Hi

From the naming convention you have opened a 3.5 model I believe. I have given up reusing older version in v4.1, I find it much quicker to rebuild them in V4 from scratch (you open at most the old model side by side to copy complex formulas if you have some, or the geometry

This has shown for me to solve most of these issues, I find it finally quicker and I learned faster the new v4 way like that. But you might have a different opinion ;), Unfortunately I cannot propose anything better

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi From the naming convention you have opened a 3.5 model I believe. I have given up reusing older version in v4.1, I find it much quicker to rebuild them in V4 from scratch (you open at most the old model side by side to copy complex formulas if you have some, or the geometry This has shown for me to solve most of these issues, I find it finally quicker and I learned faster the new v4 way like that. But you might have a different opinion ;), Unfortunately I cannot propose anything better -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 25, 2011, 10:00 a.m. EDT

Hi

From the naming convention you have opened a 3.5 model I believe. I have given up reusing older version in v4.1, I find it much quicker to rebuild them in V4 from scratch (you open at most the old model side by side to copy complex formulas if you have some, or the geometry

This has shown for me to solve most of these issues, I find it finally quicker and I learned faster the new v4 way like that. But you might have a different opinion ;), Unfortunately I cannot propose anything better

--
Good luck
Ivar

Thanks Ivar... I am a beginner. I spent lots of time googling on how to set up the piezoresistive silicon in v4.1...but found nothing....anyone knows?? please help.....
[QUOTE] Hi From the naming convention you have opened a 3.5 model I believe. I have given up reusing older version in v4.1, I find it much quicker to rebuild them in V4 from scratch (you open at most the old model side by side to copy complex formulas if you have some, or the geometry This has shown for me to solve most of these issues, I find it finally quicker and I learned faster the new v4 way like that. But you might have a different opinion ;), Unfortunately I cannot propose anything better -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Thanks Ivar... I am a beginner. I spent lots of time googling on how to set up the piezoresistive silicon in v4.1...but found nothing....anyone knows?? please help.....

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 25, 2011, 10:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

unfortunately no for me, to be sure I made myself understood, use the 3.5 translation to inspire yourself to rebuild the model, at least that way you end up with coherent BCs and variable names in V4.

Do not forget to update your model library in V4, there are regularly new goodies coming in that way ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi unfortunately no for me, to be sure I made myself understood, use the 3.5 translation to inspire yourself to rebuild the model, at least that way you end up with coherent BCs and variable names in V4. Do not forget to update your model library in V4, there are regularly new goodies coming in that way ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.